3D printing is also called additive manufacturing, which is the construction of a three-dimensional object from a CAD model or a digital 3D model. It can be done in a variety of processes in which material is deposited, joined or solidified under computer control, with material being added together (such as plastics, liquids or powder grains being fused), typically layer by layer.
Here are many various options available for 3D printing:
- Fused Deposition Modeling(FDM). This helps product prototypes by layering from the bottom up with heat and thermoplastic filaments. These machines use a variety of materials, both expensive and affordable.
- Stereolithography(SLA) is another method of 3D printing, which relies on a UV laser that cures layers in a photo-reactive epoxy resin. It’s more accurate than FDM and is an excellent choice for engineers who need small features or other detailed work.
- In Selective Laser Sintering(SLS) 3D printing, a high-power laser fuses tiny polymer powder particles. Though we will not be discussing this 3d printing method, it’s important to emphasize that various materials exist for all types of additive manufacturing.
- Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF) is an extrusion process where the object is built by depositing melted material layer-by-layer. The plastics used correspond to the same thermoplastics that can be found in conventional manufacturing processes, like ABS and Nylon.
- Vacuum casting is a quick and cost-effective alternative to 3D printing. The master model is made from a silicon rubber filled with a polyurethane resin that is then placed in a vacuum. This process causes the resin to harden by removing all of the air bubbles from the material and what you’re left with is a perfect representation of the master model.
- CNC is a subtractive manufacturing process. It starts by fixturing a block of metal or plastic material inside the CNC mill. Using G-code, the CNC machine is programmed to rapidly mill out parts from the block of raw material. ,it is designed for both rapid prototyping and low-volume production of end-use components.
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene or ABS: Makers lean towards ABS because it offers strength through filaments shaped like pasta. It’s sometimes referred to as Lego plastic, comes in an array of colors, and is ideal for at-home 3D printing.
- Polyamide is a widespread choice for 3D printing, both at home and industrially, because it is so varied. It’s cheap, includes interlinking and interlocking parts, and can be painted and dyed.
- Polylactic Acid, or PLA: Biodegradable PLA, produced from corn starch and sugar cane, is a favored 3D printing material because it’s more sustainable than most other materials. It also leads to more robust products overall. PLA is the cheapest material for 3D printing and is used both at home and on larger industrial projects.
- Other material can be use for 3D printing: ASA/PET/PC/PC-ABS/PETG/TPU/PEEK/PP/Aluminum/Copper/Brass/Stainless Steel/Steel/Iron/Alloy/Zinc/Titanium
Material Performance Parameters
We can make parts according to your tolerance requirements, if you do not have special requirements on the tolerance,our tolerance is according to the standard of SJ/T10628-1995 standards, class 6.
Material Performance of PA nylon
Common polish/ machining/painting
Process Flow Diagram
Once the order is confirm, we will arrange the purchase of the raw material and inspect it, and then start making of the part, will inspect it once sample is ready. For mass order, we will do 100 % inspection, and send testing report to customers. For details, pls find below.
NEWAY’s quality is 100% according to ISO9001 Standard. We seriously take care of the quality control from IQC to OQC, throughout each step of the production.
NEWAY dedicated to strict quality control and thoughtful customer service. We strive to exceed our customers' expectation in all aspects of product manufacturing process, and recognize our great responsibilities to our customers.
All our materials are purchased from certified suppliers. All materials will be subject to warehousing quality inspection upon arrival. After the pre-production sample is confirmed, the sample will be sealed immediately. prenatal sampling inspection, intrapartum sampling inspection, and postpartum sampling inspection, and the inspection results will be recorded in time. All files are traceable.
Below are some inspection equipment for reference:
Material Performance of PET PEEK
Material Performance of PC PP
Material Performance of Resin
Material Performance Of Metals
Material Performance for SLS